Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This one time I saw a space station...

I was drunk on Thursday night/Friday morning in Bellingham. I was walking home when i stopped at a park on N. Forrest. As I've done many times in Bellingham, I laid down to look up at those beautiful fucking stars. FUCKING. I watched a couple satellites run past when the 3rd started to shine. It grew bigger and bigger until it was so bright I got out my cellphone just to see if I could...

Original (Taken 2:37am PDT)
"Enhanced"

It went for so long and was so bright i thought for sure it had to be the ISS (International Space Station).

After running home I stumbled upon the glory of the internet... Heavens Above




Except I circled the wrong one in paint. ahaha. It's really the top one.


I WAS RIGHT!

I remember in 2008 I was in that same park about an hour after sunset with Layne, John and Nick when we were doing the same thing. Staring up into those stars when we saw an even brighter light. I was watching a satellite crawl across the sky when it all of the sudden got gradually got brighter until it peaked and went back down. It was the brightest man made thing I've ever seen even more than the ISS. I learned later that it was probably a iridium flare I love that park.

Anyway, later in the year an astronaut named Doug Wheelock took this picture of Tracy Caldwell Dyson gazing down upon earth LIKE A FOX.

Tracy Caldwell Dyson
Swoooooooon

Nichlos Manske: I LOVE HER!








No comments: